November 12, 2013

Change.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ


Assalamu'alaikum. 

Throughout the days i've been in my college, i observed that many things in me that have changed. From the way I talked, to the way I dressed. I realised that I talked more politely than before and I started wearing my tudung covering my chest area and I also started wearing big sized shirts. I wore socks everytime I wanna go out. At first, I just did it because I just followed people around me. But then, I became used to it. I feel uneasy when I didn't cover my chest or wear small shirts and even when I didn't wear socks, I felt like all eyes are on me (perasan). Lol. But yes, it's true. I don't even know how I can tell you guys that feeling. You just have to do it and feel it yourself. 

Also, the way I behave. Nah, I don't want to talk much about this. If we change our appeareance, in shaa Allah our behaviour will also change. If you want to change the way you behave, find a good friend. 

The Prophet ﷺ (peace be upon him) was reportedly asked: “Which of our companions are best?” He replied: “One whose appearance reminds you of God, and whose speech increases you in knowledge, and whose actions remind you of the hereafter.”

The Prophet ﷺ reminds us of the importance of good company in this hadith (record of the Prophet ﷺ): “A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace.” [Bukhari, Muslim]

We don't have to wait for someone or something bad happens to us for us to change. We just have to do it. Force ourselves. That's the only way. I admit that I'm still not a perfect muslim. I sometimes forgot. But at least I tried. I'm still lacking in many things. Many many things. I have to remind myself everyday so that I can be istiqamah in what I do. 

If we put a great effort to change, Allah will help us. Faith. Have faith in Allah s.w.t. Ignore people badmouthing you. Consider them as a challenge. A challenge for you to become a greater muslim. 

That's all. Remind me if there's something I've mistaken. Jazakallahu khairan kasira ^__^